From the archives, an interview I did with Andy Summers of The Police back in 1999. We discussed:
- His solo album "Green Chimneys: The Music of Thelonious Monk"
- Playing songs on the guitar that were created for the piano
- Internalizing the Thelonious Monk repertoire
- Why he mixed the album twice
- Getting Sting to sing on “Round Midnight”
- Jazz guitar versus rock guitar
Never miss a full interview or an excerpt. Subscribe to the newsletter
Hire Bands To Fans to develop custom content for your band or business:
Interview excerpts plus bonus materials delivered to your email every Friday (usually)
Anyone can publish a post. We can tell your story.
See the full list of Bands To Fans interviews